Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cultural Event #8

I also, today, went to the Farmer's Market. It ended up being a lot of fun, even though I was up long before the crack of noon.

I awoke, sleepy from the previous night of study and finals and quickly dressed myself. I rode my motorcycle where, lo and behold, was a sight like unto that of Swiss Days in Midvale. I walked among the different booths: some were selling wooden toys or walking sticks, others music, still others selling even haircuts! There was food and dancing with lovely background music. I thought to myself, "what a wonderful little community get-together!" It seemed more like a party than a market. I stayed a while to enjoy myself, even though I couldn't buy anything because I had to save my money to buy a ticket to the Thrillionaires later that night so I could write a blog about it for class.

The atmosphere, which was truly the most important part of all this, gets a 10. Very relaxing, yet engaging. The music and dancing get a 10 just because they were there. Unexpected, yet pleasing. Good for you! I didn't get to try any of the food, like I said, but I'm sure it was great. I can't rate it this time, but I will certainly save it for later. I plan to go back with my wife, who is now back from Girls Camp. (Yay!) She's looking to buy some cheap produce... I just wanna play with the toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment