Friday, June 26, 2009

Class for Week 1

Class has been better than expected this week. While the thought of 2 1/2 hour class periods still brings me close to tears and great intestinal discomfort, being involved in a great discussion like the one we had Wednesday evening is wonderful. It makes it all worth it.

I'm still not so much a fan of the lectures and the long slide shows, but I suppose they are just necessary evils. No college student can reasonably expect not to encounter at least 1 a day.

The other big plus about class is the teacher. I like that she does her own thing in her own way. She is two of my favorite qualities: Unique, and Chill. Especially in a Summer Semester, it is so nice to have a teacher that is relaxed and willing to work with you. It makes the whole process so much easier.

Oh, so I do have a plan for the next 8 weeks:
This week: Art Show Museum Thingie (MOA)
Next week: Polynesian Wedding (I'm going to run it by you.)
Week after that: Farmer's market
Week after that week: Film Screening (Wilk Theatre)
Week after all those: Theater event (Spanish Fork)
6th Week: Dance event (I'll find one)
7th Week: Music event (Utah Symphony)
8th Week: Suprise Finale!

I'm looking forward to next week. There's a lot to do, granted, but it's fun to find appreciation for things you never gave a second thought to before.

No comments:

Post a Comment